- 3 Nights 4 Days Chitwan wildlife safari
- One of the three nights will be at the jungle tower or Local Homestay (Your Choice)
- A glance into the indigenous Tharu community's lifestyle & culture.
- Encounter with the great one-horned rhino and other wild animals
- Jeep Safari inside the jungle
- Visit Crocodile Breeding Centre
- Canoe ride and walk safari inside the National Park.
- Beautiful sunset view from the bank of Rapti River
- Bird Watching- Chitwan is home to more than 500 species of resident and migratory birds.
- Different species of flora and fauna
- Ethical Elephant Activities with rescued and retired elephants
- Trip Profile : 3 Nights-4 Days-Chitwan-Safari
- Trip Type : Wildlife & Tour
- Trip Duration : 6 Days
- Trip Route : Kathmandu -Bharatpur - Chitwan National Park
- Trek Accomodation : Hotel and Resort
- Preferred Seasons : March to May and August to February
- Transportation: Flight, Drive
- Age Limit : No limits
Chitwan Wildlife Safari: Nepal is not just rich in Mountains and Cultural Places but also in wildlife. Among the many established protected areas, Chitwan National Park is a major destination for people who want to see different species of flora and fauna and enjoy wildlife. Established in 1973 and granted the status of a World Heritage Site in 1984. Chitwan National Park is also one of the top destinations for tourism as a whole. Chitwan National Park is also considered to be one of Asia’s best national parks for viewing wildlife.
This 3 night 4 days tour in Chitwan includes different activities inside Chitwan and Chitwan National Park. You can enjoy canoe ride on Rapti River followed by walking safari inside the jungle. Likewise, you can enjoy the wilderness drive inside the Jungle, watch birds and indulge in Ethical Elephant activities. Similarly, you can spend the night at the jungle tower or with a local indigenous community. This package includes everything that you should do during your stay in Chitwan.
Arrival in Kathmandu, Nepal
Encounter everything that you've read and watched on the internet, the tranquil beauty of Nepal and the warm hospitality of Nepalese. Flying through the beautiful mountains view and thickly wooded hills and plains, you will land on the capital of the country. At the airport, you will meet one of our team members who will escort you to the hotel in Thamel.
Once checked in, you can walk around in Thamel, Kathmandu's tourist hub. Here you can also find restaurants with varieties of cuisine to dine.
Morning flight to Chitwan and drive to National Park
On your first day at Chitwan, you can walk or cycle around the nearby ethnic Tharu village and observe their lifestyles. Be informed about the National Park, its history and wildlife through the park's visitor's center.
Also visit the elephant home, a facility for retired elephant, which is just 5km from the center of Sauraha. Learn about the elephants and the complex needs of elephants in captivity and the crisis facing elephants in the wild. In this session you will learn all there is know about elephants, generally and specifically to Nepal. Meet the rescued elephants and learn about the challenges elephants face in captivity. This elephant refuse is managed by an NGO named Stand Up 4 Elephants which is working in Chitwan to improve the lives of the captive elephants and their mahouts (caretakers)
Later in the evening enjoy the stunning sunset over Rapti River sipping the beverage of your preference. After sunset, you will participate in the Tharu cultural dance program.
Jungle Safari followed by Tower Night or Home Stay
Early morning Bird watching in the nearby BisHazari Tal is another great way to immerse closer to nature and its colorful creations. In the afternoon enjoy Canoe ride along the Rapti River which is an excellent opportunity for bird watching and to see the rare species of crocodiles; the Marsh mugger, as well as the fish-eating Gharial Crocodiles. Get off the canoe and start yet another adventure inside the wilderness. Jungle walk under the guidance of an experienced nature guide offers a great chance of spotting wildlife.
Depending upon your willingness you can spend an adventurous tower night or in a Local Home Stay. The tower night can be an excellent opportunity to experience the wildlife of Chitwan National Park. Whereas in a homestay you will be eating locally made food and staying over at a local Tharu village as their guest.
Jeep Safari inside the national park is a great way to be familiar with the wildlife. Also, visit the Crocodile Hatching Farm managed by the government for the Conservation of endangered Gharials or Mugars located at Kasara. In this facility, the eggs are hatched, brought up, and released into rivers.
On the way back, visit Direct Aid Nepal where you can meet the herd of elephants and watch them live in their chain-free corrals. You can also indulge in ethical elephant activities like Bush Walk with Elephants or Elephant wellness programs or watch them a bath.
Spend the rest of the day cycling or strolling around Sauraha or just sitting by the riverside.
Fly back to Kathmandu
Drive to Bharatpur Airport and fly back to Kathmandu.
Once you reach Kathmandu we will check you in at a nice and cozy hotel around the Thamel area. Self-exploring the narrow streets of this tourist hub for souvenir shopping and drinks is a good way to spend the rest of your day. Later in the evening, we will take you out for a farewell dinner and listen to your wildlife tour experiences.
We will drop you to the airport according to your flight schedule. Tiger Encounter hopes to take you to another exciting wildlife safari in Nepal soon.
- International & domestic airport transfers as per the itinerary by private vehicle.
- Two night’s hotel accommodation in Kathmandu on twin sharing basis on BB plan
- Flight from Kathmandu - Chitwan - Kathmandu for member & guide
- 3 nights 4 days accommodation in Chitwan (4/5-star category hotel)
- Full board veg/non-veg. basis accommodation
- All entrance and National Park fees
- All activities as mentioned in the itinerary
- All ground transport inside the national park
- Professional government license holder English speaking tour guide.
- Welcome/ farewell dinner in typical Nepali food and cultural program
- Insurance for Nepalese staff. (Guide and driver)
- Government Tax and office service charge.
- International airfare to/ from Nepal.
- Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu
- Insurance which covers, medical, emergency evacuation, lost, etc.
- Beverages, alcoholic drinks, mineral water, during the tour.
- All food and beverages are other than on the itinerary.
- Extra night accommodation in Kathmandu because of early arrival, late departure, and early return from the mountain (due to any reason) than the scheduled itinerary.
- Personal gear and expenses.
- Tips and gratitude provided to staff.
Description of the Location
The first national park of Nepal, Chitwan National Park covers an area of 952.63 sq km and covers the districts of Nawalpur, Parsa, Chitwan, and Makwanpur. Its altitude ranges from 100m to 815m. Narayani-Rapti River is a natural boundary in north and west of the park whereas Parsa Wildlife reserve lies in the east part of the park and India’s Valmiki National Park is in South.
To reach Chitwan National Park, you can go either by Vehicle for 5 to 6 hours to the South of Kathmandu or by air to Bharatpur Airport for 25 minutes followed by half an hour drive to the national park.
Just Fill and Book
This is a pre-booking form for the lead traveler. We would send you the actual booking form after the confirmation
Frequently asked questions
- What animals are in Chitwan National Park?Chitwan has 68 different species of mammals, including rhinos, tigers, deer, monkeys, elephants, leopards, sloth bears, wild boars and hyenas.
- Where is Chitwan National Park located?Chitwan National Park is located in the Inner Terai subtropical lowlands of southern central Nepal, in the districts of Nawalpur, Parsa, Chitwan and Makwanpur.
- What is Chitwan National Park famous for?The Chitwan National Park famous for One-horned Rhinos, Royal Bengal Tiger, Deer, Monkeys, Wild Boar and up to 544 species of birds.
- How many Rhinos are in Chitwan National Park?There are 600 Rhinos in Chitwan National Park - Nepal
- Are there tigers in Chitwan National Park?The number of tigers in Chitwan National Park, home to the largest number of wild tigers in the country, also increased from 91 (71-147) in 2009 to 120 (98-139).
- How many tigers are there in Nepal?There are now estimated 235 tigers in Nepal as of September 2018, nearly doubling the baseline of around 121 tigers in 2009.
What your client say about us.
Thank you Tiger Encounter team for another great experience in beautiful Nepal. We had amazing memories in Mt. Everest & Chitwan! We did wildlife safari, jeep safari, bird watching, village tour & cultural program. You are super professional, knowledgeable. Strongly recommend.
“Fantastic from beginning to end”Samuel Olusola,USA
We went on a wildlife safari tour operated by Tiger Encounter last May 2019. It was a great experience for the whole family our kids were very excited to see animals out in the wild.
“Best way to experience Nepalese wildlife”D'cruz Shabri,India
Walking along with the wild that shelters varieties of birds and animals felt amazing. Very organized and fun wildlife tour.
“Came close to the nature during the wilderness walk”Jyoti- T,India
Tiger Encounter made our tiger encounter possible. On tiger tracking day two we saw the beautiful beast come out to drink it has an incredible experience. Waiting for almost two days on the blazing heat of May was really worth it!!
“Can’t believe I actually watched them be”Alfonso Leslie,UK
Similar Locations We Service
Tiger Encounter in Bardia National Park
Come across the magnificent Royal Bengal Tigers, and watch them live their untamed lives. Experience this immense quest in the wilderness of the most undisturbed protected area in Nepal.
- 07 Days
- 06 Nights
Wildlife Safari in Nepal
Discover the wilderness of Nepal while promoting innovative conservation strategies.
- 9 Days
- 8 Nights
Tiger Encounter in Chitwan National Park
Explore the wilderness of Chitwan National Park to visit Royal Bengal Tigers, one horned rhinos and many other animals and birds in their natural residence.
- 07 Days
- 06 Nights