- Encounter with One-Horned Rhino in Chitwan National Park
- Canoe ride along the Rapti River
- Bird Watching in Chitwan National Park
- Mesmerizing Sunset View
- Jeep safari inside the national park
- Wilderness walk inside the thick forest
- Enjoy the great experience of Bathing with Elephant
- Gharial Breeding center
- Tharu Cultural Dance - A cultural program performed by the Tharus
- Trip Profile : One-Horned-Rhino-Tour-6-Days
- Trip Type : Wildlife & Tour
- Trip Duration : 6 Days
- Trip Route : Kathmandu - Chitwan - Chitwan National Park - Kathmandu
- Trek Accomodation : Hotel, Camping & Homestay
- Preferred Seasons : March, April, May, September, October, November, December
- Transportation: Flight, Drive
- Age Limit : No limits
One-horned rhino tour in Nepal is one of the best wildlife activities for nature enthusiasts. Bardia and Chitwan National Parks are ideal locations for sighting varieties of wildlife including the one-horned rhino. Chitwan National Park is the place where you can unwind yourself and also grow closer to nature. In addition, the national park provides perfect access to encounter different species of flora and fauna. Because of this, around 200,000 tourists visit Chitwan every year.
The one-horned rhinoceros or greater one-horned rhinoceros is the largest of the three Asian rhinos. Along with the African white rhinos, one-horned rhinos is the largest of all rhino species. One of the rare animals in the world, the one-horned rhino is identified by a single black horn about 8.25 inches long. It is a grey-brown hide with skin folds, which gives it an armor-plated appearance.
One-Horned Rhino in Chitwan National Park
One-horned rhino tour in Nepal is possible in Bardia and Chitwan National Parks. The nature guides will take you to places where the rhinos can be spotted. You can indeed take pictures of these beautiful beasts but from a safe distance.
Greater One-Horned Rhino in Nepal
The decline of alluvial grassland and riverine forest have affected the rhino population in the wild. For this reason,
IUCN red list has listed them as vulnerable species. On the other hand, the population of greater one-horned rhinos in Nepal has increased by 111 individuals from 2011 to 2015. The latest rhino count conducted in 2015 has revealed 645 individuals living in Chitwan National Park, Bardia National Park, Parsa National Park, and Suklaphanta National Park. All in all, one-horned rhinoceros is one of the main tourist attractions of Nepal.
Arrival in Kathmandu, Nepal
Encounter everything that you've read and watched on the internet, the tranquil beauty of Nepal and the warm hospitality of Nepalese. Flying through the beautiful mountains view and thickly wooded hills and plains, you will land on the capital of the country. At the airport, you will meet one of our team members who will escort you to the hotel in Thamel.
Once checked in, you can walk around in Thamel, Kathmandu's tourist hub. Here you can also find restaurants with varieties of cuisine to dine.
Fly or Drive to Chitwan, Evening Cultural Program
Fly (25 minutes) or Drive (4/6 hrs) to Chitwan from Kathmandu. Our staff will receive you upon your arrival at Sauraha Bus Park, or Bharatpur Airport. You will be transferred to our resort where you will receive refreshment and a briefing and its facilities.
- Village tour to a nearby ethnic Tharu village
- Visit the National Park Visitor's center
- Tharu cultural dance presentation
One-Horned Rhino Tour in Chitwan National Park
The main highlight of our tour starts with a canoe ride in the morning where we can see different species of birds along with mugger crocodiles and gharials. After the canoe ride, take a guided walk into the wilderness of Chitwan national park. The guides will lead us to the area where rhino can be found. We can easily encounter One-Horned Rhino and take some pictures.
- Canoe ride along the Rapti River
- Bird Watching
- Jungle Walk
- Encounter with One-Horned Rhino
Wildlife Safari in Chitwan National Park
Another day of highlight will focus on jeep safari going deep into the national park and visit other parts of the park. This allows you to see different species of flora and fauna along with deer, rhinoceros, wild boar, monkey, leopard, sloth bear and the Royal Bengal Tiger (if lucky). While returning from safari, visit the crocodile breeding center.
- Jeep Safari
- Visit elephant home, A chain free corral for rescued retired elephant
- Visit crocodile Breeding Center
- Encounter Royal Bengal Tiger (If you are lucky)
Drive or Fly back to Kathmandu
After the completion of our tour, you will drive or fly back to Kathmandu.
Once you reach Kathmandu we will check you in at a nice and cozy hotel around the Thamel area. Self-exploring the narrow streets of this tourist hub for souvenir shopping and drinks is a good way to spend the rest of your day. Later in the evening, we will take you out for a farewell dinner and listen to your wildlife tour experiences.
We will drop you to the airport according to your flight schedule. Tiger Encounter hopes to take you to another exciting wildlife safari in Nepal soon.
- International & domestic airport transfers as per the itinerary by private vehicle.
- Three night’s hotel accommodation in Kathmandu on twin sharing basis on BB plan
- Flight from Kathmandu - Chitwan - Kathmandu for member & guide
- 3 night 4 days accommodation in Chitwan (3-star category hotel)
- Full board veg/non-veg. basis accommodation entire the Chitwan jungle safari tour, Lunch, dinner, and breakfast
- All entrance and National Park fees included
- All activities as mentioned itinerary are included
- All ground transport inside the national park
- Professional government license holder English speaking tour guide.
- Welcome/ farewell dinner in typical Nepali food and cultural program
- Insurance for Nepalese staff. (Guide and driver )
- Government Tax and office service charge.
- International airfare to/ from Nepal.
- Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu
- Insurance which covers, medical, emergency evacuation, lost, etc.
- Beverages, alcoholic drinks, mineral water, during the tour.
- All food and beverages are other than on the itinerary.
- Extra night accommodation in Kathmandu because of early arrival, late departure, and early return from the mountain (due to any reason) than the scheduled itinerary.
- Personal gear and expenses.
- Tips and gratitude provided to staff.
- Emergency rescue evacuation if needed
- Purely personal nature expenses
- Tipping /Tips(Tipping is Expected).
Description of the Location
The first national park of Nepal, Chitwan National Park covers an area of 952.63 sq km and covers the districts of Nawalpur, Parsa, Chitwan, and Makwanpur. Its altitude ranges from 100m to 815m. Narayani-Rapti River is a natural boundary in north and west of the park whereas Parsa Wildlife reserve lies in the east part of the park and India’s Valmiki National Park is in South.
To reach Chitwan National Park, you can go either by Vehicle for 5 to 6 hours to the South of Kathmandu or by air to Bharatpur Airport for 25 minutes followed by half an hour drive to the national park.
Just Fill and Book
This is a pre-booking form for the lead traveler. We would send you the actual booking form after the confirmation
Frequently asked questions
- How can I reach Chitwan National Park?If you travel by airplane it is 15-20 minutes from Kathmandu to Bharatpur Airport. Then it is about 30 minute drive by vehicle to Chitwan National Park. If you travel by vehicle from Kathmandu then it is 5 to 6 hour drive.
- Why do people poach Rhinos for horn?Rhino horn is highly prized in traditional Asian medicine and cures various illnesses like nosebleeds, strokes, convulsions, and fevers.
- How many horns do Rhinos have?The horns consist of keratin, the same kind of protein that makes up hair and fingernails. While Nepal have a single horned.
- What animals are in Chitwan National Park?Chitwan has 68 mammal species including rhinos, tigers, deers, monkeys, elephants, leopards, sloth bears, wild boars, hyenas and 544 different species of birds.
- How good is Rhinos eyesight?Rhinos have a strong sense of hearing and smell, but poor vision.
- How far can a Rhino see in front?If you are 15 feet or more away from a rhino, at that distance they have tremendous difficulty in distinguishing between humans and trees.
What your client say about us.
Thank you Tiger Encounter team for another great experience in beautiful Nepal. We had amazing memories in Mt. Everest & Chitwan! We did wildlife safari, jeep safari, bird watching, village tour & cultural program. You are super professional, knowledgeable. Strongly recommend.
“Fantastic from beginning to end”Samuel Olusola,USA
We went on a wildlife safari tour operated by Tiger Encounter last May 2019. It was a great experience for the whole family our kids were very excited to see animals out in the wild.
“Best way to experience Nepalese wildlife”D'cruz Shabri,India
Walking along with the wild that shelters varieties of birds and animals felt amazing. Very organized and fun wildlife tour.
“Came close to the nature during the wilderness walk”Jyoti- T,India
Tiger Encounter made our tiger encounter possible. On tiger tracking day two we saw the beautiful beast come out to drink it has an incredible experience. Waiting for almost two days on the blazing heat of May was really worth it!!
“Can’t believe I actually watched them be”Alfonso Leslie,UK
Similar Locations We Service
Tiger Encounter in Bardia National Park
Come across the magnificent Royal Bengal Tigers, and watch them live their untamed lives. Experience this immense quest in the wilderness of the most undisturbed protected area in Nepal.
- 07 Days
- 06 Nights
Wildlife Safari in Nepal
Discover the wilderness of Nepal while promoting innovative conservation strategies.
- 9 Days
- 8 Nights
Tiger Encounter in Chitwan National Park
Explore the wilderness of Chitwan National Park to visit Royal Bengal Tigers, one horned rhinos and many other animals and birds in their natural residence.
- 07 Days
- 06 Nights