- 4 Nights 5 Days Bardia wildlife safari
- Special tiger tracking deep inside Bardia National Parks
- A glance into the indigenous Tharu community's lifestyle & culture.
- Encounter with the great one-horned rhino and other wild animals
- Beautiful sunset view from the bank of Karnali River
- Maximum possibilities of spotting the Royal Bengal Tiger
- Different species of flora and fauna in Bardia National National
- Trip Profile : Tiger Encounter in Nepal 07 Days/ 06 Night
- Trip Type : Safari, Wildlife, Camping
- Trip Duration : 07 Days
- Trip Route : Kathmandu, Nepaljung, Bardia National Park
- Trek Accomodation : Hotel & Camping
- Preferred Seasons : March to May & September to November
- Transportation: Flight, 4WD Private Jeep / Car
- Age Limit : No limits
Tiger Encounter in Bardia National Park is best possible during the warm months of March, April, and May. However, there are huge probabilities of seeing them during the early winter months of September to November. The number of tigers in Nepal had increased from around 121 in 2009 to 198 in 2013.
According to the census conducted in 2018, the tiger population has reached 235 in Nepal. The increasing number is positive news for all wildlife enthusiasts. This increment also gives us a lifetime opportunity to visit these majestic creatures in their natural state and innate habitat.
Bardia National Park’s tiger count was 17 in 2008, 50 in 2013 and 62 in 2016. The establishment of Banke National Park in 2010 made tiger conservation more effective in Bardia National Park. The two national parks are connected acting as trans-boundary protected areas linking to Katarniyaghat Wildlife Sanctuary of India in the south-western part. This extended boundary of protected areas has become one of the safest and suitable habitats for the Royal Bengal Tigers.
If you want to encounter tigers with the least effort then Bardia National Park is the perfect destination for you. All you need to do is wear your sun hats, strap in your binoculars and patiently follow the nature guide’s instructions. Furthermore, the park’s lush grasslands, forests in its peak canopy and the wetlands will reveal the tree hugger in you.
Arrival in Kathmandu and transfer to Hotel.
Encounter everything that you've read and watched on the internet, the tranquil beauty of Nepal and the warm hospitality of Nepalese. Flying through the beautiful mountains view and thickly wooded hills and plains, you will land on the capital of the country. At the airport, you will meet one of our team members who will escort you to the hotel in Thamel.
Once checked in, you can walk around in Thamel, Kathmandu's tourist hub. Here you can also find restaurants with varieties of cuisine to dine.
Fly from Kathmandu to Nepalgunj and drive to Bardia National Park
Early morning fly to Nepalgunj, This one hour flight will take you to the city in the Terai Region. After landing at Nepalgunj, drive to Bardia National Park (3 / 4 hours) by private transport.
In the evening take a village tour to know more about the fascinating culture and lifestyles of the indigenous community. Rejuvenate yourselves by viewing the sunset over the Karnali River and sipping a beverage of your choice.
Bardia is the National park with a large territory of Royal Bengal Tigers. Tigers move around all over the park and lots of tiger evidence can be tracked. However, staking out some of the locations where tigers are often spotted increases the possibilities.
This day of the journey will be a thrilling experience since you will be walking to three different tiger territories. The places like "Hatti Machan, "Tinkune" and "Kingfisher" can be covered on foot and are famous tiger tracking spots of Bardia National Park.
We will dedicate one more day for tiger tracking. On this day you will be driving on an open-top jeep to another famous tiger tracking site inside the park. You will drive towards "Balcony" from a watchtower at the Balcony you will be able to see out over the grasslands. There are huge possibilities that you might spot a distant herd or a single tiger leaving the long grass for a drink at the river.
Tiger Tracking and Jungle Activities
If you become unable to spot tigers on day 3 or day 4, you will repeat the activity on this day. However, if you have successful tracking on previous days, then you can be involved in other activities.
On your last day at Bardia National Park, you will be entertained by the local Tharu Community with Tharu cultural dance at the hotel premises.
Drive to Nepaljung and Fly to Kathmandu
After this wonderful trip, you will drive back to Nepalgunj and fly to Kathmandu.
Once you reach Kathmandu we will check you in at a nice and cozy hotel around the Thamel area. Self-exploring the narrow streets of this tourist hub for souvenir shopping and drinks is a good way to spend the rest of your day. Later in the evening, we will take you out for a farewell dinner and listen to your wildlife tour experiences.
We will drop you to the airport according to your flight schedule. Tiger Encounter hopes to take you to another exciting wildlife safari in Nepal soon.
International and domestic airport transfers as per the itinerary by private vehicle.
Two night’s hotel accommodation in Kathmandu on twin sharing basis on BB plan
Flight from Kathmandu - Nepaljung - Kathmandu for member & guide
4 night 5 days accommodation in Bardia National Park
Full board Veg/Non-veg basis accommodation in the entire Bardia jungle safari
Nepaljung - Bardia National Park - Nepaljung transportation by private vehicle as mentioned in the itinerary
All entrance and National Park fees are included
All activities as mentioned in the itinerary are included
All ground transport inside the national park
Professional government license holder English speaking tour guide.
Welcome/ farewell dinner in typical Nepali food and cultural program
Insurance for Nepalese staff. (Guide and driver )
Government Tax and office service charge.
- International airfare to/ from Nepal.
- Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu
- Insurance which covers, medical, emergency evacuation, lost, etc.
- Beverages, alcoholic drinks, mineral water, boiled water during the red panda tour.
- Hot shower during the trekking.
- All food and beverages other than on the itinerary.
- Extra night accommodation in Kathmandu because of early arrival, late departure, and early return from the mountain (due to any reason) than the scheduled itinerary.
- Personal gear and expenses.
- Tips and gratitude provided to staff.
Description of the Location
Bardia National park lies in the south-west part of Nepal. Its 968 sq km of the area makes it the largest national park in the Terai region of Nepal. With the crest of Siwalik range on the north, Karnali River and its tributaries on the south, forest, cultivated land, less populated villages and Mahendra highway on its south and east the park provides a large undisturbed area of surroundings for a large number of rare species.
Just Fill and Book
This is a pre-booking form for the lead traveler. We would send you the actual booking form after the confirmation
Frequently asked questions
- How can I track tiger in Bardia National Park?Tracking mostly in tiger trails and territories can give you highest possibility of seeing tiger.
- How many tigers are there in Nepal?There are now estimated 235 tigers in Nepal as of September 2018, nearly doubling the baseline of around 121 tigers in 2009.
- What do we do if we cannot see tiger in whole day?We generally have more than one day just for tiger tracking. If we don’t see any tiger in first day then we will move to another tiger territory in next day. Similarly our days can be increased this way until we finally see tiger.
- How tall is Royal Bengal Tiger?90 – 110 cm, Height
- What do Royal Bengal Tiger looks like?Tigers are usually orange or reddish orange with very bold, uneven black stripes and white areas on the chest, neck, belly and inside of the legs.
- Do Royal Bengal Tiger live alone or group?Tigers, except mothers and their cubs, are solitary animals. Individual tigers travel through large areas, also known as home ranges, whose size is determined by food availability.
- How long can a Tiger go without eating?They can go for a maximum of 14 days without food and 4 days without water
- Where can we find Bengal Tigers in Nepal?Tigers are found in Southern Part of Nepal in following protected areas. - Chitwan National Park - Bardia National Park - Banke National Park - Sukla Phanta National Park - Parsa National Park Among these, Chitwan and Bardia national park is common place and can be found tiger easily.
What your client say about us.
Thank you Tiger Encounter team for another great experience in beautiful Nepal. We had amazing memories in Mt. Everest & Chitwan! We did wildlife safari, jeep safari, bird watching, village tour & cultural program. You are super professional, knowledgeable. Strongly recommend.
“Fantastic from beginning to end”Samuel Olusola,USA
We went on a wildlife safari tour operated by Tiger Encounter last May 2019. It was a great experience for the whole family our kids were very excited to see animals out in the wild.
“Best way to experience Nepalese wildlife”D'cruz Shabri,India
Walking along with the wild that shelters varieties of birds and animals felt amazing. Very organized and fun wildlife tour.
“Came close to the nature during the wilderness walk”Jyoti- T,India
Tiger Encounter made our tiger encounter possible. On tiger tracking day two we saw the beautiful beast come out to drink it has an incredible experience. Waiting for almost two days on the blazing heat of May was really worth it!!
“Can’t believe I actually watched them be”Alfonso Leslie,UK
Similar Locations We Service
Wildlife Safari in Nepal
Discover the wilderness of Nepal while promoting innovative conservation strategies.
- 9 Days
- 8 Nights
Tiger Encounter in Chitwan National Park
Explore the wilderness of Chitwan National Park to visit Royal Bengal Tigers, one horned rhinos and many other animals and birds in their natural residence.
- 07 Days
- 06 Nights