- Wilderness Walk in the dense jungle
- Magnificent view of rivers and jungles
- Bird Watching
- Chances of encountering Bengal Tiger
- Canoe Ride
- Visit Crocodile breeding center
- Encounter Rhino inside Chitwan National Park
- Involve in responsible elephant activities
- Trip Profile : Wildlife-Safari-in-Nepal-8-Night-09-Days
- Trip Type : Wildlife Tour & Jungle Safari
- Trip Duration : 9 Days
- Trip Route : Chitwan National Park - Bardia National Park
- Trek Accomodation : Hotel and Resort
- Preferred Seasons : March to May & August to November
- Transportation: Flight, Drive
- Age Limit : No limits
Wildlife Safari in Nepal is a trip combined with wildlife and cultural experience of southern Nepal. The chic safari camp in the national parks of Bardia and Chitwan will be the highlight of this trip. However, the unique Tharu culture, their simple way of life and their co-existence with the wild will charm you. To add up the spectacularly pink sunset over the Rapti river in Chitwan and Karnali in Bardia will relax your mind and soul.
Chitwan National Park
Chitwan National Park is a famous wildlife-viewing national park in Nepal. In the jungles, grasslands and wetlands extended over 953 sq km you can encounter more than 544 species of birds and wild animals living their untamed lives. Indulge in high-end jungle safaris like canoe ride, jungle walk, wildlife tracking, and jeep safari. Also, take part in ethical elephant experiences an alternative to elephant rides. The ethical experiences include walking alongside the elephants, visiting them at their chain-free corrals and elephant sundowners.
Bardia National Park
Bardia National Park is equally rich in biodiversity and is less populated than Chitwan National Park. This protected area extended over 968 sq km is a dreamland for wildlife enthusiasts and the favorable habitat of the Royal Bengal Tigers. Tracking and watching the majestic endangered creature has become one of the popular activities in this national park. Besides tigers, other rare and endangered animals like one-horned rhino and Asian elephants also reside in the jungles of Bardia. Similarly, more than 438 species of resident and migratory birds hover around the forests, grasslands and river banks. While the Gharial crocodiles, river dolphins and 125 species of fishes are found in Karnali and Babai Rivers nearby.
Arrival in Kathmandu
Encounter everything that you've read and watched on the internet, the tranquil beauty of Nepal and the warm hospitality of Nepalese. Flying through the beautiful mountains view and thickly wooded hills and plains, you will land on the capital of the country. At the airport, you will meet one of our team members who will escort you to the hotel in Thamel.
Once checked in, you can walk around in Thamel, Kathmandu's tourist hub. Here you can also find restaurants with varieties of cuisine to dine.
Morning flight to Chitwan and drive to National Park
On your first day at Chitwan, you can walk or cycle around the nearby ethnic Tharu village and observe their lifestyles. Be informed about the National Park, its history and wildlife through the National park's visitor's center.
Also visit the elephant home, a facility for retired elephant, which is just 5km from the center of Sauraha. Learn about the elephants and the complex needs of elephants in captivity and the crisis facing elephants in the wild. In this session you will learn all there is know about elephants, generally and specifically to Nepal. Meet the rescued elephants and learn about the challenges elephants face in captivity. This elephant refuse is managed by an NGO named Stand Up 4 Elephants which is working in Chitwan to improve the lives of the captive elephants and their mahouts (caretakers).
Later in the evening enjoy the stunning sunset over Rapti River sipping the beverage of your preference.
After sunset, you will participate in the Tharu cultural dance program.
Jungle activities followed by Tower Night or Home Stay
Early morning Bird watching in the nearby BisHazari Tal is another great way to immerse closer to nature and its colorful creations.
In the afternoon enjoy Canoe ride along the Rapti River which is an excellent opportunity for bird watching and to see the rare species of crocodiles; the Marsh mugger, as well as the fish-eating Gharial Crocodiles. Get off the canoe and start yet another adventure inside the wilderness. Jungle walk under the guidance of an experienced nature guide offers a great chance of spotting wildlife.
Depending upon your willingness you can spend an adventurous tower night in the middle of jungle tracking wildlife. The tower night can be an excellent opportunity to experience the wildlife of Chitwan National Park. Alternatively, you can spend a night in a homestay, where the Tharu community hosts you in their traditional homes. You will be eating locally made food and staying over at a local Tharu village as a guest.
Jeep Safari inside the national park is a great way to be familiar with the wildlife. Also, visit the Crocodile Hatching Farm managed by the government for the Conservation of endangered Gharials or Mugars located at Kasara. In this facility, the eggs are hatched, brought up, and released into rivers.
On the way back, visit Direct Aid Nepal where you can meet the herd of elephants and watch them live in their chain-free corrals. You can also indulge in ethical elephant activities like Bush Walk with Elephants or Elephant wellness programs or Elephant Bath.
Spend the rest of the day cycling or strolling around Sauraha.
Drive to Bardia National Park
The road trip from Chitwan to Bardia National park is a long but interesting journey. The ride takes around 8-9 hours passing through plains of rural Terai, beautiful green forests and rivers.
Rejuvenate yourselves by viewing the sunset over the Karnali River and sipping the beverage of your choice after the long drive.
Visit the National Park's visitor center for more information about the flora and fauna of Bardia National Park. And get ready for a jungle walk.
Jungle Walk: The chances of encountering the animals are high if you spend a full day inside the jungle. Packed lunch and water will be arranged so that you don't have to go back to the hotel for lunch. You will also wait in a tower (Machan) for unobtrusive wild sightseeing, accompanied by our experienced naturalists and wildlife tracker.
This is an excellent opportunity to see and photograph Royal Bengal Tiger and a great many species of birds found in Bardia National Park.
Village tour: In the morning take a village tour to know more about the fascinating culture and lifestyles of the indigenous community.
Jeep Safari: Drive into the park in an open-top Jeep for wildlife encounter and bird watching. A great many species of birds found in Bardia and of course, the majestic Royal Bengal tiger can be spotted during this safari into the wilderness of Bardia National Park. Also, visit the crocodile breeding center on the way back from safari.
Dinner and Tharu cultural dance at the hotel premises by Local Tharu Community program after sunset.
Drive to Nepaljung and Drive to Kathmandu
While making a move from Bardia National Park stopover at the Babai river to see the crocodiles. Drive to Nepalgunj and depart back to Kathmandu.
Once you reach Kathmandu we will check you in at a nice and cozy hotel around the Thamel area. Self-exploring the narrow streets of this tourist hub for souvenir shopping and drinks is a good way to spend the rest of your day. Later in the evening, we will take you out for a farewell dinner and listen to your wildlife tour experiences.
We will drop you to the airport according to your flight schedule. Tiger Encounter hopes to take you to another exciting wildlife safari in Nepal soon.
- International & domestic airport transfers as per the itinerary by private vehicle.
- Two night’s hotel accommodation in Kathmandu on twin sharing basis on BB plan
- Flight from Kathmandu to Chitwan
- 3 night 4 days accommodation in Chitwan
- Full board veg/non-veg. basis accommodation entire the Chitwan jungle safari tour, Lunch, dinner, and breakfast
- Chitwan to Bardia National Park transportation by private vehicle as mentioned in the itinerary
- Ethical elephant activities like Bush Walk with Elephants or Elephant wellness program or watch them a bath
- 3 night 4 days accommodation in Bardia
- Full board veg/ non-veg, basis accommodation entire the Bardia NP jungle safari tour, Lunch, dinner, and breakfast
- All entrance and National Park fees included
- All activities as mentioned in the itinerary are included
- Professional government license holder English speaking tour guide.
- Flight ticket from Nepaljung to Kathmandu for member & guide
- Welcome/ farewell dinner in typical Nepali food and cultural program
- Insurance for Nepalese staff. (Guide and driver )
- Government Tax and office service charge.
- International airfare to/ from Nepal.
- Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu
- Insurance which covers, medical, emergency evacuation, lost, etc.
- Beverages, alcoholic drinks, mineral water, during the tour.
- All food and beverages are other than on the itinerary.
- Extra night accommodation in Kathmandu because of early arrival, late departure, and early return from the mountain (due to any reason) than the scheduled itinerary.
- Personal gear and expenses.
- Tips and gratitude provided to staff.
Description of the Location
The first national park of Nepal, Chitwan National Park covers an area of 952.63 sq km and covers the districts of Nawalpur, Parsa, Chitwan, and Makwanpur. Its altitude ranges from 100m to 815m. Narayani-Rapti River is a natural boundary in north and west of the park whereas Parsa Wildlife reserve lies in the east part of the park and India’s Valmiki National Park is in South.
Bardia National park lies in the south-west part of Nepal. Its 968 sq km of the area makes it the largest national park in the Terai region of Nepal. With the crest of Siwalik range on the north, Karnali River and its tributaries on the south, forest, cultivated land, less populated villages and Mahendra highway on its south and east the park provides a large undisturbed area of surroundings for a large number of rare species.
Just Fill and Book
This is a pre-booking form for the lead traveler. We would send you the actual booking form after the confirmation
Frequently asked questions
- Will the wild animals attack us?While we encounter the wild animals, we will be traveling in a jeep. We will view from view towers which will be in a safe distance. Not, just to the visitors, but the safe distance will be for the animals as well to ensure they are not disturbed in their natural habitat.
- Do I need permits for wildlife safari?Yes, permits are required in most places during the trip. However, the expenses are included and taken care of by Tiger Encounter.
- What is the best time of the year for wildlife safari in Nepal?Although the trekking season in Nepal is specified as per the weather, Wildlife safari can be enjoyed throughout the year. However, during September to May it is not rainy, so the visibility of encountering animals is high during that time.
- What animals are in Chitwan National Park?Chitwan has 68 mammal species including rhinos, tigers, deers, monkeys, elephants, leopards, sloth bears, wild boars, hyenas and 544 different species of birds.
What your client say about us.
Thank you Tiger Encounter team for another great experience in beautiful Nepal. We had amazing memories in Mt. Everest & Chitwan! We did wildlife safari, jeep safari, bird watching, village tour & cultural program. You are super professional, knowledgeable. Strongly recommend.
“Fantastic from beginning to end”Samuel Olusola,USA
We went on a wildlife safari tour operated by Tiger Encounter last May 2019. It was a great experience for the whole family our kids were very excited to see animals out in the wild.
“Best way to experience Nepalese wildlife”D'cruz Shabri,India
Walking along with the wild that shelters varieties of birds and animals felt amazing. Very organized and fun wildlife tour.
“Came close to the nature during the wilderness walk”Jyoti- T,India
Tiger Encounter made our tiger encounter possible. On tiger tracking day two we saw the beautiful beast come out to drink it has an incredible experience. Waiting for almost two days on the blazing heat of May was really worth it!!
“Can’t believe I actually watched them be”Alfonso Leslie,UK
Similar Locations We Service
Tiger Encounter in Bardia National Park
Come across the magnificent Royal Bengal Tigers, and watch them live their untamed lives. Experience this immense quest in the wilderness of the most undisturbed protected area in Nepal.
- 07 Days
- 06 Nights
Tiger Encounter in Chitwan National Park
Explore the wilderness of Chitwan National Park to visit Royal Bengal Tigers, one horned rhinos and many other animals and birds in their natural residence.
- 07 Days
- 06 Nights