- Special tiger encounter inside Chitwan National Park
- Wilderness walk in the dense jungle
- Jeep Safari to encounter different species of flora and fauna
- Bird Watching alongside the view of Rapti River
- Encounter with the great one-horned rhino
- Visit Crocodile breeding center
- Tharu Cultural Program
- Trip Profile : tiger-encounter-in-chitwan-6-night-7-days
- Trip Type : Wildlife & Tour
- Trip Duration : 07 Days
- Trip Route : Kathmandu- Chitwan- Kathmandu
- Trek Accomodation : Hotel or Resort
- Preferred Seasons : March to May & September to November
- Transportation: Flight, Drive
- Age Limit : No limits
Tiger Encounter in Chitwan National Park is a wildlife activity that requires lots of patience and immense enthusiasm. To watch this magnificent animal that occupies the top of the food chain in the wildlife the park is a thrilling experience for all of us.
This first national park of Nepal is home to 68 species of mammals including the Royal Bengal Tigers. Likewise, 55 species of amphibians and 546 species of birds reside in the forests and grasslands of the park. Similarly, the lakes and rivers in the area house 120 species of fish. For tigers, this national park is a perfect habitat as it is connected to Parsa Wildlife Reserve; as well as shares international borders with Valmiki National Park of India.
The two national parks of Nepal and one of India represents the Tiger Conservation Unit, Chitwan-Parsa-Valmiki with a combined area of 3549km². This area consists of large patches of alluvial grasslands and dense sub-tropical forests suitable for tigers. Chitwan National Park alone houses 93 Royal Bengal Tigers according to a national survey in 2018.
Tiger Encounter in Chitwan National park offers you the experience of observing the Royal Bengal Tigers engaging in natural behavior in their natural habitat. What’s more, you will be contributing to wildlife conservation and buffer zone communities while experiencing wildlife intimately.
Arrival in Kathmandu and transfer to Hotel.
Encounter everything that you've read and watched on the internet, the tranquil beauty of Nepal and the warm hospitality of Nepalese. Flying through the beautiful mountains view and thickly wooded hills and plains, you will land on the capital of the country. At the airport, you will meet one of our team members who will escort you to the hotel in Thamel.
Once checked in, you can walk around in Thamel, Kathmandu's tourist hub. Here you can also find restaurants with varieties of cuisine to dine.
Fly to Bharatpur and drive to Chitwan National Park
Morning flight to Bharatpur (25 minutes approx) followed by an hour-long drive to a hotel in Megauli, Chitwan.
After checking in you can take a Village tour to nearby ethnic Tharu village where you will learn more about the culture and lifestyle of the Tharus. Also, visit the National Park Visitor’s Center where you can learn more about the history of the National Park and about wildlife. Watch Sunset view from the bank of Rapti River.
Dinner with Tharu cultural dance program at the hotel after Sundown.
The quest of watching the Royal Bengal Tigers without them knowing that they are being watched begins from this day. The experienced guides will escort you to the places where the tigers are mostly found. From various watchtowers inside the national park, you will be able to see over the grasslands and possibly spot the tigers. While a herd or single tiger walks out of the long grasses for a drink at the river.
Packed lunch will be organized for this day so that you can focus on wildlife tracking all day long.
Tiger Tracking and Jungle activities
If somehow we are unable to see the tiger on day 3 then we will change our location to another tiger territory inside Chitwan National Park and follow the same activities as the day before. However, if you get lucky enough to get the sight of the magnificent beast on the first attempt then you can enjoy other activities.
On this day you can enjoy Canoe ride along the Rapti River which is an excellent opportunity for bird watching and to see the rare species of crocodiles; the Marsh mugger, as well as the fish-eating Gharial Crocodiles.
Jungle walk under the guidance of an experienced nature guide is another great way of spotting wildlife.
Depending upon your willingness you can have adventures or a cultural experience on this night. You spend an adventurous tower night in the middle of the jungle among the birds and animals of Chitwan National Park. Or you can spend a night in a homestay, where the Tharu community will host you in their traditional homes.
Tiger Tracking and Jungle activities
If two days are still not enough to encounter the king of the jungle then we will extend our journey to another day so that we can see them. We will shift to another yet another tiger territory and do the same as previous days.
Alternatively, you can enjoy Jeep Safari inside the national park. Also, visit the Crocodile Hatching Farm managed by the government for the Conservation of endangered Gharials or Muggars located at Kasara. In this facility, the crocodile eggs are hatched, brought up, and released into rivers.
Drive to Bharatpur and Fly back to Kathmandu
After this wonderful trip, you will drive back to Bharatpur and fly to Kathmandu.
Once you reach Kathmandu we will check you in at a nice and cozy hotel around the Thamel area. Self-exploring the narrow streets of this tourist hub for souvenir shopping and drinks is a good way to spend the rest of your day. Later in the evening, we will take you out for a farewell dinner and listen to your wildlife tour experiences.
We will drop you to the airport according to your flight schedule. Tiger Encounter hopes to take you to another exciting wildlife safari in Nepal soon.
- International & domestic airport transfers as per the itinerary by private vehicle.
- Three night’s hotel accommodation in Kathmandu on twin sharing basis on BB plan
- Flight from Kathmandu - Chitwan - Kathmandu for member & guide
- 6 night 7 days accommodation in Chitwan (3-star category hotel)
- Full board veg/non-veg. basis accommodation entire the Chitwan jungle safari tour, Lunch, dinner, and breakfast
- Bharatpur - Chitwan National Park - Bharatpur transportation by private vehicle as mentioned in the itinerary
- All entrance and National Park fees included
- All activities as mentioned itinerary are included
- All ground transport inside the national park
- Professional government license holder English speaking tour guide.
- Welcome/ farewell dinner in typical Nepali food and cultural program
- Insurance for Nepalese staff. (Guide and driver)
- Government Tax and office service charge.
- International airfare to/ from Nepal.
- Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu
- Insurance which covers, medical, emergency evacuation, lost, etc.
- Beverages, alcoholic drinks, mineral water, during the tour.
- All food and beverages are other than on the itinerary.
- Extra night accommodation in Kathmandu because of early arrival, late departure, and early return from the mountain (due to any reason) than the scheduled itinerary.
- Personal gear and expenses.
- Tips and gratitude provided to staff.
- Emergency rescue evacuation if needed
- Purely personal nature expenses
- Tipping /Tips(Tipping is Expected).
Description of the Location
The first national park of Nepal, Chitwan National Park covers an area of 952.63 sq km and covers the districts of Nawalpur, Parsa, Chitwan, and Makwanpur. Its altitude ranges from 100m to 815m. Narayani-Rapti River is a natural boundary in north and west of the park whereas Parsa Wildlife reserve lies in the east part of the park and India’s Valmiki National Park is in South.
To reach Chitwan National Park, you can go either by Vehicle for 5 to 6 hours to the South of Kathmandu or by air to Bharatpur Airport for 25 minutes followed by half an hour drive to the national park.
Just Fill and Book
This is a pre-booking form for the lead traveler. We would send you the actual booking form after the confirmation
Frequently asked questions
- How can I track tiger in Chitwan National Park?Tracking mostly in tiger trails and territories can give you highest possibility of seeing tiger.
- How many tigers are there in Nepal?There are now estimated 235 tigers in Nepal as of September 2018, nearly doubling the baseline of around 121 tigers in 2009.
- What do we do if we cannot see tiger in whole day?We generally have more than one day just for tiger tracking. If we don’t see any tiger in first day then we will move to another tiger territory in next day. Similarly our days can be increased this way until we finally see tiger.
- Are there tigers in Chitwan National Park?The number of tigers in Chitwan National Park, home to the largest number of wild tigers in the country, also increased from 91 (71-147) in 2009 to 120 (98-139).
- What animals are in Chitwan National Park?Chitwan has 68 different species of mammals, including Tigers, Rhinos, Deer, Monkeys, Elephants, Leopards, Sloth bears, Wild boars and Hyenas.
- How many Rhinos are in Chitwan National Park?There are 600 Rhinos in Chitwan National Park - CNP, Nepal
- In Which zone dose Chitwan National Park Lies?It is situated in the subtropical highlands of Inner Terai, in south-central Nepal, in the counties of Nawalpur, Parsa, Chitwan and Makwanpur, covering an area of 952,63 km (367,81 sq mi).
What your client say about us.
Thank you Tiger Encounter team for another great experience in beautiful Nepal. We had amazing memories in Mt. Everest & Chitwan! We did wildlife safari, jeep safari, bird watching, village tour & cultural program. You are super professional, knowledgeable. Strongly recommend.
“Fantastic from beginning to end”Samuel Olusola,USA
We went on a wildlife safari tour operated by Tiger Encounter last May 2019. It was a great experience for the whole family our kids were very excited to see animals out in the wild.
“Best way to experience Nepalese wildlife”D'cruz Shabri,India
Walking along with the wild that shelters varieties of birds and animals felt amazing. Very organized and fun wildlife tour.
“Came close to the nature during the wilderness walk”Jyoti- T,India
Tiger Encounter made our tiger encounter possible. On tiger tracking day two we saw the beautiful beast come out to drink it has an incredible experience. Waiting for almost two days on the blazing heat of May was really worth it!!
“Can’t believe I actually watched them be”Alfonso Leslie,UK
Similar Locations We Service
Tiger Encounter in Bardia National Park
Come across the magnificent Royal Bengal Tigers, and watch them live their untamed lives. Experience this immense quest in the wilderness of the most undisturbed protected area in Nepal.
- 07 Days
- 06 Nights
Wildlife Safari in Nepal
Discover the wilderness of Nepal while promoting innovative conservation strategies.
- 9 Days
- 8 Nights